Skip to main content

Frail Vessel





How well i have fed, the swamps of my lungs,
Full of smoke and oil, disease and puns.

Look at my vessel, how much I've lost weight,
What a sorrowful looking physical state.

But take a look inside the frail vessel and see,
A maze of what was, what is and what will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Sky (Contd)

4. “Do you like looking at the night sky, kid?” I didn’t know if I wanted to laugh or cry when I heard that question. I decided it won’t be any use doing either of those things. “I think the sky betrayed me. I went after it with all my heart and it took everything from me. If it were up to me, I would never look up towards it again. If only I could turn my face away right now. This is torture.” “What? I love the night sky! I wish I could look at it for a while before my time ends.” “Why don’t you, then?” “You see, I consider you very lucky right now.” “Because I think looking at this sky is torture?” “No.” “Why can’t you look at the sky?” “Because I’m in a situation similar to yours. The difference in our situations however is that while your gaze is stuck pointing towards the sky, mine is fixed towards a tree.” “Trees hate me more than I hate the sky.” I heard the man chuckle as if he knew what trees had done to me. “Hey Kid...

Moving Art

  Did I just do that? Volodya did not know he was capable of what he had done. All he could hear was his heavy breathing, roaring in his own ears as he desperately tried to catch his breath. His loud panting felt deafening to him and his chest hurt. He held his breath to hear himself think but he could only hold it for a few seconds. The sound of breathing came crashing back with a sharp pain in his chest. His body, which was vibrating in excitement, started to calm down. He looked down towards his right hand and saw a blood drenched knife. Why do I have that? He quickly hid the knife under his jacket, as if trying to hide it from himself more than from others. He looked down on the body lying near his feet. He couldn’t take his eyes off of the puddle of red that kept expanding. A red canvas that grew glorious with every inch the blood travelled away from the lifeless body it came from. Is it okay to be moved by such art? When the blood has flown out as much as its heart desires...